About The Firm
Olson Brooksby is a boutique litigation firm serving clients throughout the state of Oregon.
Our firm represents individuals and companies throughout the U.S. and abroad who rely on our trial experience and familiarity with the laws and procedures of Oregon state and federal courts.
We have experience serving as both lead trial counsel and local counsel in complex and high-exposure lawsuits.
Our lawyers have first-chaired trials in state and federal court--this kind of trial experience is rare. We have tried a wide variety of cases, from slip and falls to wrongful death and complex commercial litigation matters.
Our practice areas include:
- Product liability, including consumer products and medical devices. We litigate cases involving complex medical issues, such as burn injuries and injuries that result from steel and heavy equipment manufacturing.
- Aviation law. We have the requisite technical knowledge to represent aviation clients in a broad range of cases, from lease disputes to catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases.
- Business and commercial litigation. Our experience includes litigating trade secret claims, noncompete agreements, restrictive covenants, and breach of contract claims.
- Personal injury defense. Our attorneys defend insurance, construction, commercial, retail, hospitality, and automotive companies against wrongful death, catastrophic personal injury, product liability, premises liability, and liquor liability claims.
- Automobile, trucking, railroad, and transportation industry and operator representation. Our experience includes environmental/HAZMAT, personal injury, property, and casualty cases. We also provide on-demand counseling and advice concerning regulatory compliance, risk management, best practices, insurance, and training.
- Food, beverage and restaurant industry representation. Olson Brooksby serves clients throughout the hospitality industry. Our experience includes liquor liability and dram shop cases, premises liability defense, the defense of lawsuits involving alleged injuries that occurred during the consumption of food, and “foreign object” cases.
- Representation of injured persons. We take select cases on behalf of injured individuals. Please call us for a free consultation.
- Animal law. Olson Brooksby has experience with litigation and consultation concerning animal law for a wide range of clients, from individual pet owners to large corporations.
Our clients choose Olson Brooksby because of our trial experience. In an era where many "litigators" have never tried a case, we are comfortable in a courtroom and have tried everything from small auto cases to lengthy, high-exposure cases worth tens of millions of dollars. Our reputation as a firm of experienced trial lawyers assists us with successful settlements and resolutions because our opponents know that we have the courtroom experience to try a case, if necessary.
We also provide on-demand counseling, training, and advice to clients who want to avoid litigation concerning best business practices, insurance, contract drafting, and policies and procedures. We have experience serving as general and local counsel to businesses, airlines, product manufacturers, and nonprofits.