Local Counsel Services
The attorneys at Olson Brooksby regularly serve as local counsel in Oregon state and federal courts for national coordinating counsel and general counsel throughout the United States. Our national and general counsel clients rely on our local knowledge of Oregon practice and procedure to guide and assist them with litigation throughout the State of Oregon.
Our firm provides the experience and local presence that is necessary for navigating Oregon courts and trying cases in front of Oregon juries. We have served as local counsel in high-exposure aviation, product liability, and drug and medical device cases. Our shareholder Kristin Olson is on the Board of Directors for the Oregon Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, which serves as a catalyst for communication between the bar and the bench, and is dedicated to educating the bar concerning federal practice. Our lawyers have been trying cases in state and federal court throughout the State of Oregon for decades. Our clients rely on our familiarity with and guidance concerning the particularities and preferences of our local courthouses.
The benefits of partnering with Olson Brooksby for local counsel navigation and guidance include:
- Experience with local state and federal judges through decades of court appearances and trials
- Effective assimilation of national counsel into Oregon culture and practice
- Team court appearances calculated to add value for clients
- Decades of experience working as local counsel, which allows us to quickly adopt and absorb the necessary and proper role that advances the client's goals
- A busy trial practice, which keeps us current on the frequent changes in the courts and to federal, state, and local rules and procedures
- Central core location in downtown Portland, just blocks from the state and federal courthouses