On Demand Client Counseling and Advice
Olson Brooksby provides assistance and pre-litigation advice to our clients. Our clients rely on us for perspective and creative solutions to issues that regularly arise during the ordinary course of day-to-day business. Our advice is responsive, efficient, and solution-oriented.
We take a preventive approach by working closely with our clients to understand their brand and their business goals, and to establish best practices that ensure compliance with evolving regulatory and other laws. We provide extensive, on demand advice to our clients with the goal of reducing unnecessary litigation. In the event that litigation occurs, the lawyers at Olson Brooksby are seasoned trial lawyers who have first-chaired lengthy jury trials throughout the state of Oregon. We assist our clients with the investigation and/or resolution of claims and cases, and we function as counselors for our clients, providing them with responsive, on call service.
Our client philosophy is to work to prevent litigation, while positioning our clients favorably and strategically should litigation occur.
Examples of some of our pre-litigation services include:
- Training, drafting of policies and handbooks, and education. We provide clients with training for management and employees concerning best practices for litigation avoidance. We also draft policies and procedures for handbooks and training materials. Our assistance and advice is valuable because it is informed by our prior litigation and trial experience. We know what works and what doesn't.
- Assistance with settling claims and potential lawsuits before they are filed. The clients who involve us early on want a proper valuation of a potential claim or a threatened lawsuit, and they count on Olson Brooksby to work to try to settle the claim before the lawsuit is ever filed.
- Guidance concerning whether to pursue litigation. Sometimes it's difficult to decide whether to pursue a lawsuit, whether the lawsuit is for brand protection or subrogation purposes.
- Pre-litigation advice and case investigation. For clients who fear that they may be sued, or who are worried about potential claims, Olson Brooksby provides investigation services, and advice for positioning and strategic planning. We have experience preparing our clients for litigation in such a way that we have deterred and outright prevented lawsuits through our pre-litigation assistance and investigative services.
- Corporate and best practices audits. We have experience auditing sections of our clients businesses, particularly our product manufacturing clients, to put them in the best possible position to avoid litigation. We review our clients' business practices and safety policies and provide recommendations that are based on state and federal laws. Our extensive trial and litigation experience enables us to give our clients uniquely valuable advice about common mistakes, traps, and pitfalls to avoid. We're here to help our clients employ loss prevention strategies so that we can provide relatively low-cost advice at a high value before litigation strikes. As any business owner knows, litigation is far more expensive than investing in preventative measures.